Closing date: Fri Jan 31st 2020
Location: Multiple locations available
Salary: Volunteer Role
Contract: Volunteer Role
Sector: Law Enforcement
About this job
Make a real difference to London by reducing crime - and the fear of crime – across the city, whilst gaining unique experiences you simply can’t get anywhere else.
Specials wear the same uniform and carry the same powers and responsibilities as regular police officers. They’re involved in all aspects of policing London, enjoying a variety of roles. Examples include:
• Foot and vehicle patrols
• Anti-Robbery initiatives
• Working in schools to talk about safety and crime
• Assisting in the event of accidents, fights and fires
• Road safety initiatives
• House-to-house enquiries
• Helping ensure public safety and security at both local and major events
• Presenting evidence in court
• Taking part in 'Hotspot' operations to tackle underage drinking, criminal damage and nuisance/public disorder
• Offering crime prevention advice and promoting property marking initiatives
Requirements: We’re looking for someone with community values - someone who wants to make a personal difference to London. Although there are no formal educational requirements, you’ll need to have a reasonable standard of English if you are to succeed during the selection process.
You must be at least 18 years old when you apply. For more information and to make an application, please Apply here
Please note this is a volunteer role. Paid Police Officer Roles are also available.
Register your interest
Register interest with our Hackney Works team who will link you to the employer & partners.
This service is for Hackney residents but if any of the following apply to you then please call 020 8356 5700
- You are being housed in Hackney Council temporary accommodation outside the borough.
- You have Hackney Council as a corporate parent, i.e. you are or were in care.
- Went to Hackney school or college