Closing date: Tue Apr 14th
Salary: Volunteer Role
Sector: Voluntary & Community
About this job
The Felix Project is a London-based charity that rescues good food that cannot be sold and would otherwise go to waste. We collect or receive food from suppliers, including supermarkets, wholesalers, farms, restaurants and delis. We sort and then deliver this food to charities that cook meals and prepare food parcels for vulnerable people and to primary schools to distribute to children and their families.
We are looking for people to join our team in our bustling warehouse. You’ll get the opportunity to see all the high-quality and nutritious food we receive from suppliers, and help sort it out in preparation for delivery to our charities and schools. This role is a hands-on practical role within a friendly team, with no day being the same!
• Loading and unloading our vans
• Sorting food into categories
• Preparing crates for food delivery
• Cleaning the warehouse
• Working through daily housekeeping tasks
Our shifts are from 8:45 – 12:45pm and 12:30 – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. We also have shifts on a Saturday morning. Once you’ve signed up as a volunteer, you can pick the shifts that suit you.
Register your interest
Register interest with our Hackney Works team who will link you to the employer & partners.
This service is for Hackney residents but if any of the following apply to you then please call 020 8356 5700
- You are being housed in Hackney Council temporary accommodation outside the borough.
- You have Hackney Council as a corporate parent, i.e. you are or were in care.
- Went to Hackney school or college