Closing date: Tue Apr 14th
Location: Enfield with travel across London
Salary: Volunteer Role
Sector: Voluntary & Community
About this job
The Felix Project is a London-based charity that rescues good food that cannot be sold and would otherwise go to waste. We collect or receive food from suppliers, including supermarkets, wholesalers, farms, restaurants and delis. We sort and then deliver this food to charities that cook meals and prepare food parcels for vulnerable people and to primary schools to distribute to children and their families.
We are looking for people to drive our lovely green Felix vans. Along with your co-driver, you will be responsible for visiting our suppliers to collect high-quality and nutritious food and delivering this food to our charities. This role will give you the opportunity to get out and about in London and see first-hand the impact the charity is having on people’s lives.
• Checking the van before departure
• Following a set route of collections and deliveries accompanied by a co-driver
• Acting as an ambassador for The Felix Project
• Loading and unloading the van and sorting produce
• Aged 21 or over
• No more than 6 points on your license
• Driving for over a year (we will provide a short driving course)
• We will carry out a Driver’s Assessment before you do your first shift
Our shifts are from 8:45 – 12:45pm and 12:30 – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. We also have shifts on a Saturday morning. Once you’ve signed up as a volunteer, you can pick the shifts that suit you.
Register your interest
Register interest with our Hackney Works team who will link you to the employer & partners.
This service is for Hackney residents but if any of the following apply to you then please call 020 8356 5700
- You are being housed in Hackney Council temporary accommodation outside the borough.
- You have Hackney Council as a corporate parent, i.e. you are or were in care.
- Went to Hackney school or college