Closing date: Fri Apr 10th
Salary: £10.50 p/h
Contract: 3 month seasonal contract
About this job
1. Bags groceries.
2. Retrieves carts and baskets.
3. Cleans, sweeps, mops, stocks products, and helps ensure overall maintenance of the department.
4. May operate cash register equipment (not all Cashier’s Assistants will have cash handling responsibility).
5. Assists supervisor in controlling customer flow and backed up lines – helping reduce customer waiting time.
6. Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
7. Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
8. Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
9. Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
10. Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
11. Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
12. Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
13. Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- No prior retail experience required
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Click on the link below to apply:
Register your interest
Register interest with our Hackney Works team who will link you to the employer & partners.
This service is for Hackney residents but if any of the following apply to you then please call 020 8356 5700
- You are being housed in Hackney Council temporary accommodation outside the borough.
- You have Hackney Council as a corporate parent, i.e. you are or were in care.
- Went to Hackney school or college